Whats in my Raycast
🌱 This post is in the growth phase. It may still be useful as it grows up.
I’ve only really been using Raycast for 2 weeks. But I used it as a calendar event launcher for years. lol
- Next event hoisting
- Create Quick Event
As a launcher, I love that you can use it for launching web apps.
This is great for getting out of that cycle where you get used to typing part of a domain in a search bar. But then you visit another domain with a similar name, and that starts getting prioritized. Quicklink for anything I go to a lot.
And I can also set the exact page I want.
I launch all my electron apps into the web browser.
And when working with Arc (Browser), we can use Air Traffic Control to open the correct spaces and profiles:
Slack | personal
Slack | chromatic(opens in my chromatic space and profile)
Now something I love about Raycast is how easy and discoverable everything is to manage with keyboard shortcuts.
Like, Chromatic just laid off it’s OSS DX team. So, I can delete this one 😅
⌘ k ^ x
LOVE that it’s so easy to duplicate a command from the keyboard.
”Open with…” option
I use snippets for structured text formats. I don’t have much going on but I use for expense reports a lot — where a specific format is required.
wellness stipend(uses new variables)
Egghead snippet to add affiliate link.
- Unregister emoji shortcut. Absolutely chaotic that this has to be done.
- Love that you can grab the unicode character.
- Navigator/Menu Item Search.
- Download video.
- Change Display Mode. For changing my main display from 5k to 4k (recording).
- clipboard history
- open camera
- Create a new extension for getting a VS Code url for a file path. Can this be a service? That would be dope. Maybe it’s a Shortcut or script.
- Create extension for selecting an HTML hyperlinks. Then converting them to markdown (as a service).
- Magnet style window drag zones. I’d be able to stop using Magnet.
- I’d love more markdown hints
- There’s this app that I’ve always wanted to build for podcast or lecture notetaking that has a timer and commits comments to times. I’d love to see that as a floaty note variant.