15. Eliminate Atomic Lessons in Favor of Courses
The part of my site with the greatest amount of friction is lessons.
- It is hard to reach them via the url
- I am constantly changing the filenames to make sense
- I can’t decide between numbered and un-numbered filenames
- I don’t have a good index solution (with course metadata)
I’ve been lazy, trying to infer courses from lessons. And the experience is terrible.
I’m moving to a course-scoped model. And eliminating the Lesson model, in favor of posts.
There may be a little bit of duplication from time to time. But that’s ok.
I really don’t care to have lessons on the feed anyway. So I think this is a good model.