8. Use astro content collections
Eleventy was really starting to chafe.
- I was growing more and more uncomfortable with
- I found shortcodes to be a non-portable method (in markdown)
- Astro released Content Collections (beta)
- I wanted personal opportunities to continue growing in TypeScript
- Eleventy was starting its decent out of favor in the JS community
- I really started to miss components
- No content/pages separation
- Felt like I was re-learning nunjucks every time i opened my site
Use Astor with TypeScript and Content Collections.
- full re-write of the site
- new concepts and patterns to learn
- closer to JS “thoughtleader” bullshit and wreckless drama I don’t care about